This page is under construction.
Humanitarian designers is registered as an “association 1901”, based in La Ciotat, France.
The Bureau of the Association is composed of one president, Cédric Fettouche, and one treasurer, Agnès Durdyn.
An approach on privacy
Ethics is one of our core values and therefore we want to promote good practices about data privacy. That includes to provide comprehensible information about GDPR’s rights and cookies management.
But we are also aware that this is a difficult topic to address as we are not specialist about it.
If you want to help us, contact us.
As an association focusing on communication, it’s also important to gather metrics about our impact: number of views, countries reached out, etc.
As a transdisciplinary association, and more specifically at the border of design and humanitarian sectors, it’s important for us to understand who is our community and who are our followers. That’s why some data are important to us to provide better content.
Finally, we are learning by doing. It means that we are experimenting different services, observing how they can answer to our needs, and taking decisions after periods of trial. For example, we are now putting on hold Hotjar who is not providing much insights to us even though they provided us with a business account for free.
Plugins we are using
Here is a list of third services that we are using (02/10/22)
Third services that collect your personal data with your approval:
- Mailchimp is a platform that handles all the newsletters. Every time you subscribe to a newsletter, their API transfers your data to our account on their platform so we can send you our campaigns. Mailchimp is also responsible of automatically sending you the “online five-day training” but, on that case, we are deleting your contact-details from their servers every 100 subscribers.
- Helloasso is a non-profit association that helps associations to handle their finances. We use their API to handle all the donations.
Third parties that use your data when you're visiting our website:
- Google Analytics: for now, we are using Google Analytics to extract all our impact in terms of communication which you will find in our annual report. We have selected to anonymize the IP addresses. We are extracting information such as
- number of visits filtered by time, by page, by country, by type of device (laptop & mobile), by language;
- from where a visitor is coming from: Google, Linkedin, Instagram, …
- Matomo Analytics: we have stopped using it. It didn’t provide us with the same qualitative experience and data than Google Analytics. We would be glad to explore Plausible.io if you have experience with it.
- Mouseflow: provides us with rapid feedback on the usability & failures of our website based on your device type. Also helps us to understand your needs with heat maps.
- Hotjar: the plugin is probably still installed but at the moment, we have stopped using it and disabled its data collection. It was not providing added information compared to Mouseflow which has an integrated plugin in WordPress.
- Rank Math SEO is a plugin on WordPress to improve the SEO of the website.
Other potential third parties that may or may not collect data (we are trying to check for answers and will decide if we keep them or not depending on the data they are collecting):
- WordPress is a CMS to build the website. It’s the backbone of our website.
- Elementor is a wide-known plugin to create websites and articles with a drag & drop interface.
- Anti-Spam Bee checks for spam comments on the website and blocks them.
- OVH is the company that hosts the website and handle our domain name. Their headquarters address: 2 rue Kellermann – 59100 Roubaix – France
- Gravatar is a service provided by WordPress that allows users to connect with a single account on several websites to drop comments. The service seems to be active even though we have no use of it, we will try to find a way to deactivate it. (update: we changed our theme and don’t see it any more).
- Abtasty: to run AB tests, but we don’t know why it’s active on our website. We will run further research to deactivate this service.(update: we changed our theme and don’t see it any more).
- Then we have additional plugins to improve the speed of the website (Fastest Cache, etc), to add functionalities (Starbox, Table of Content, etc), or improve our back-end in the admin area.
By the time being, we warn you that we are using cookies. By using our website, you consent to the use of cookie. You can contact us at any point if you want some data to be deleted and we will do our best to answer your needs.
To the exception of the third services listed above, we do not share data to other services. We only use these data to improve our website and services and measure our impact.