Donate to Humanitarian Designers
As a new NGO, your support is very meaningful to us because it means that you’re believing in our mission.
And that’s a great motivation. Thank you.
By donating to Humanitarian Designers, you are:
- raising awareness about the design practices in the humanitarian sector;
- communicating to design schools and design students, maybe changing their lives and careers for ever;
- supporting projects that impact NGOs and the populations they are serving.
Avenue Louise 54, Room S52
1050 – Brussels
If the donation box is not showing up, follow this link instead.
Who is Humanitarian Designers?
Humanitarian Designers is a registered NGO (France: Association Loi 1901) founded by Cédric Fettouche in January 2021.
The mission of Humanitarian Designers is to
- advocate and work with the humanitarian sector to show them the added value of designers;
- communicate to design schools and designers about the humanitarian sector, its functioning and available jobs;
- support students and designers who want to match their values with their work.
Where will your money go?
To answer to your trust, we are committed to follow our strong ethics and vision.
While the Bureau has set up the NGO strategic development for 2022, our projects will evolve based on the community of members that will join us during this year, and the clients & partners that will work with us.
To give a quick overview of 2021, we have done several activities:
- Created a Slack that is welcoming 180 people coming from all over the world so far.
- Organised a two-day conference & installation in Paris during the France Design Week. The logistics was managed by 6 Members and 6 volunteers. We had 19 speakers representing important voices from the humanitarian sector (CSI, IARAN) and the design sector (Butterfly Works, Common Thread, Thinkplace).
- The Five-Day Online Training is available on the website. It’s a great tool for upcoming volunteers and grassroots NGO coordinators because it offers a comprehensive and easy-to-read newsletter about the humanitarian sector and the Greek context.
- Collaborated with two grassroots NGO and an international NGO for our pro-bono expertise.
- Have started collaborations with design schools by doing presentations, going to end-of-the-year jury, initiating projects, talking to students.
Admin note about finances
- Humanitarian Designers is registered in France as a loi 1901 association. We are officially an association, also known as a non-profit organization. There is no legal statutes in France to become a “Non-governmental organization”. But our humanitarian purpose pushes us to use the English term “NGO”. We had our first General Assembly in February 2022 with 11 Members and our statutes are available on demand.
- You can become a Member of the Association by paying the yearly membership fee of 15€. This is a donation that entirely goes back to our projects and is a way, for you, to show your motivation and support in the development of our projects. Doing so, you can take part in the activities and management of the association; participate to the yearly General Assembly; be insured by the Association. If you wish to become a Member but cannot afford to pay the fee, contact us by email.
- All the finances are managed on the trusted French platform HelloAsso. They are themselves an association providing 100% free planing tools for associations like us. Their business model is based on a small fee collected during your donations. To be transparent, we want to inform you that this fee is not mandatory and you can change the amount. We still advise you to support their essential work.