Become a registered Member of Humanitarian Designers
Once you have joined the Slack, met the team, and decided that you wanted to take part in our activities, our coordinator might ask you to register to the NGO Humanitarian Designers and pay the Membership fee of 15€. By doing so, you can:
- take part in Humanitarian Designers’ projects;
- be covered by our insurance;
- participate in the yearly General Assembly;
- have a voice in the long-term plans of the NGO.
- We know that different countries may have different cultural understanding on Associative Membership fees. To be more inclusive, we would like to bring a quick clarification. You can access our community for free by answering the survey available on the home page. In France, the fee that you are paying to “become a Member” is a way to say “I believe in the work of the NGO and I would like to get involved, so I am donating money to financially support our shared activities”. Indeed, the fee is entirely redirected to our projects. Becoming a Member is not a way to “buy access” to our community, we are not a service provider towards our members because it’s our members that are co-creating the NGO. We hope this can alleviate some misunderstanding.
- Therefore, the fee isn’t mandatory as long as you’re not participating in in-person activities. It just helps us to develop activities so we are always glad to see your commitment.
- The fee becomes mandatory when you’re joining in-person activities with the NGO. Indeed, in case of accident, you will need to be an official Member -as stated in the Statutes of the Association- to be covered by our insurance. It’s a security for you and for the NGO.
- The Membership form isn’t showing up? Click here instead.
- Do you have trouble navigating on the French form? Go to the English “Donate page“. The Membership fee is 15€.
- If you would like to join but cannot afford 15€, contact us by email.
- The option “Pot-Commun” (shared piggy bank) on the form allows to support Members that cannot afford the price of the Membership fee.
- We are using Tally for the survey.
- We are using the non-profit HelloAsso to handle the Membership form and our finances (Membership & Donations).
Any problem or question? Send us an email and thank you for your patience 🙂